Thursday, February 3, 2011

Heroes

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.
It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,
but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. . . .
Arthur Ashe

Larry : Today at work, I watched Deputy US Marshal Larry as he was presented the Purple Heart Medal of Honor for courage and valor in the face of death. He is a quiet and soft-spoken man, but I saw, even how years later, the memories of the event for which Larry earned this honor, still washed across his face as the story was told - and, even though the memories pain him, in my heart, I know he'd do it all again. Put himself in the face of danger so that others might live. I am honored to know such a man.

Karen : Today at work, I thought of my friend Karen. Today would have been her birthday. I thought of the many battles she fought in her short life - I remembered the courage and valor she had, even in the face of death. She too was an example of quiet bravery- she still touches so many lives and her wonderful spirit lives on in her family - I was honored to know such a woman. Happy Birthday friend.

No comments: