Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hardwood Floors - Take 3

This morning, Brian started applying the first coat of sealer. . . it's pretty much a one person job, so Brian's mom, Jill, and I went out perusing for appliances and other fun stuff that we'll eventually need for the house. 

The sealer is VERY potent stuff, hence the full-face respirator. 
The floors just keep looking better and better!  THEN, you have to scuff them all up after the first coat and do it all over again for a second coat!  Even though there is no photo documentation, I did help.  I vacuumed.  I'm a pro at vacuuming these days.
The CHEMIST
View of the floors from the outside looking in, I love how they shine!
I was sequestered to the "kitchen" most of the time.  We have the zip-wall up to keep as much of the smell out of the kitchen and basement as possible.
So while the rest of Portland is tucking themselves into bed on a chilly Saturday evening, my wonderful husband works hard into the night. . .

2 comments:

Donna and Jim said...

I am so impressed. You have done such an amazing job on your home.

Bethany Raelene said...

Can't wait for the paint!!!!