Monday, November 3, 2008

Another Weekend = Another Project. . . or Two


We patched up the side of the house where the chimney used to be just in time! The rain has officially started, this weekend we had shower after shower come through.

G'Pa Joyce

G'Ma Joyce

On Saturday, Dad Joyce came over with Grandma and Grandpa, and while the grandparents and I cleaned a dirt-covered house, my dad and Brian built a more permanant wall to last us through the winter. I was pretty useless, I'm still fighting off the cold I've had since the wedding!

A "new" hearth

Re-building the wall


It's not pretty, but it's insulated and will keep us dry and warm once we move in. Brian and I will have to figure out what we're going to do as far as a new stove and chimney . . . and that will be one of many more projects for next Summer! :)












Insulation that we found up in the attic that we're recycling






Three Generations of Mustaches


Sunday was great, we rewarded ourselves for all of Saturday's hard work with a nice long nap (or two) and a lazy day. We're refreshed and ready for another busy week!

No comments: